4.24.2008

Slow and Steady Continued...

This is my third week on my new 'healthy eating and lifestyle plan'. (I prefer not to call it a diet.) I have lost a little over 2 lbs for this week, which brings my grand total to about 13 lbs. I know the slower that I lose weight, the more likely I will keep it off, but it's really frustrating moving at a snails pace! This is just proving to me now, more than ever, that I am an "instant gratification girl". So I'm just trying to be patient. I think I would have lost a lot more by now but my work out schedule is still extremely sporadic. Patience, patience, patience....

Technically I am done with the "jump-start" portion of my eating habits. However, I've worked so hard to get rid of my addiction to carbs and sweets that I'm not going to go hog wild now. I've decided to continue on with most of my restrictions including processed foods, products made with flour, and sweets. I will limit to very small portions rice, potatoes, cheese, and other grains. Really I don't feel too bad about it either, I can honestly say that I really don't want any of that other stuff!

I have already implemented my "one-bite" rule: If I absolutely cannot resist, just have one bite. It works for me! (How else could I enjoy those delicious little chocolate covered cinnamon bears that gretchen brought me all the way back from Utah!)

My favorite food item this week...
Blue Bunny Yogurt
No Sugar Added


So delicious and nutritious. Zero fat grams and only 80 calories, with flavors like Blackberry Creme, Cherry Vanilla Supreme, Peach Passion, Strawberry Sensation, and Blueberry Bliss, what's not to love?

So as Brennan's mom would put it, "...onward, ever onward!"

No comments: