4.25.2008

Fruits and Veggies

I have a suggestion for you if you are wondering how you can afford all your delicious fruits and veggies without breaking the bank! In my area I am lucky enough to have a co-op. Basically I pay 15.00 and I get a laundry basket full of produce, half fruit, half veggies.

The co-op is called Bountiful Baskets. If you live in the Phoenix area, look for a pick-up location near you. If you live in Yuma, you're in luck, because they are adding pick-up locations near you too! They also offer various other items at a great price at different times. Check their website for more details.

Some of the benefits I enjoy from this co-op are: Pick-up is every other week, so I get a whole two weeks to use up all my delicious produce. It makes my grocery shopping easier because when I go to the store I just have to "fill in the blanks". I get to enjoy a few items that I probably wouldn't buy at the store, especially if I'm in a hurry. My family can enjoy indulging in fresh fruits and vegetables any time of the day (without me thinking about how much it's costing me)!

If you don't live in the area, see if there is a co-op near you, or check to see if you have a local farmers market, or if you are ambitious enough-start your own co-op!

So anyway you get your hands on your fruits and veggies-start enjoying them, not just for meals, but for delicious snacks, treats, and even for dessert!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, what a great program. I'm going to check if we have one up here. You are doing great with your diet. I am such a sugar addict, and it's catching up with me! You are a great inspiration. Thanks Laurie!

chelle. said...

i'm planning on gardening this year. that is always an option, too. especially for us that don't live in the insanely hot desert of arizona. :)

laurie said...

we might be insane for living in the desert, but we actually benefit from more growing seasons. so my fellow desert rats, as rachelle suggested, do consider gardening as another alternative for good produce!

Always, Hannah said...

Love how you throw in the "if you live in Yuma"....Oh the joys of the middle of nowhere.